[peel] copyright

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Sun Feb 27 18:50:24 CET 2005

I consider that it is my perfect right, for example, to copy a CD I've paid good money for to pop it onto my MP3 player.  The reason I bought an MP3 player was so that I don't take 20 CDs with me when I'm away from home for a week.  Do you think the record labels take this into consideration?

simon@... wrote:

> The record
> companies
> have always accepted that they don't care about people making copies
> purely
> for
> their own use but that doesn't mean they have allowed people the legal
> right to do it..

The record companies had no choice but to "not care" about people
making copies of music they had paid for for their own use, for people
have every right to do this. It's only just recently that record
companies have tried to stop people from exercising this right by
starting to suggest it's never been our right.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT