Sound of the Suburbs?

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Fri Feb 18 15:58:32 CET 2005

>Does anyone have of the Sound of the Suburbs series?  I have one from
>Oxford, but was looking for more.
funny, we were just talking about the Lanarkshire version of this  -
we were trying to decide which bands were truly from the area and
which were more Glasgow really. Sean Dickson definitely deserves
recognition for introducing the great man to deep fried Mars Bars!

>  Right in the middle she started talking about X-Ray Spex and
>then played Oh Bondage Up Yours!, which I had first heard on John's show
>back in the 70s, and had made me fall for punk rock
Dunno if anyone saw the programmes on BBC3 about the history of UK
jazz (it was on and was in the room, ok?) and some live footage of
X-Ray Spex doing this 'represented' punk  - must have been Laura
Logic's sax that swung it. (They didn't dwell too long on that but
got onto the Pop Group, Pigbag etc until it all went a bit Style
Council).

Stuart