[peel] NOISE, what the f....

ady foley adyfoley@...
Thu Dec 22 13:29:14 CET 2005

yep, i think the website's probably a spoof but apparently the
organisation does exist and that wolf eyes/sonic youth story is true.

kind of ironic that it will actually be promoting all these great bands
but maybe that's the idea..

ady
--- simon smith <moomin@...> wrote:

> In message <20051220200327.39292.qmail@...>,
> ady
> foley <adyfoley@...> writes
> >hello,
> >
> >apologies for any cross postings but check this crazy stuff out,
> this
> >is absolutely mad!
> >
> >serious or piss take?
>
> It's someone having fun, a very clever example of the genre of faked
> outrage. The message board is funny, with a lot of confused people,
> apparently outraged (on both sides of the debate) or uncertain
> whether
> the site is a hoax or not. The idea of Radiohead as a 'gateway band'
> is
> very neat.
>
> I would find it funnier but I despise a couple of the groups listed
> on
> the page (Whitehouse are violently misogynistic for example).

vacuous pop presents...

Friday 20 January
Lucida Console, Mai Mayo Mai & more tbc
The Wheatsheaf, 129 High Street, Oxford

Monday 30 January
Tunng, Jakokoyak & skoud
Port Mahon, St Clements, Oxford

vacuous pop - record label & live promotions
po box 289, oxford ox5 1we | http://www.vacuouspop.com | http://www.myspace.com/vpop