[peel] The Fall, Festive Fifty, etc.

festive50@... festive50@...
Wed Dec 21 20:00:53 CET 2005

> Or a sign that this year's Festive Fifty is (once again) all White
> Boys With Guitars...?
>
> --
> Rob Brewer rob@... http://www.rbrwr.org
> "I could have been like Lou Barlow, but I'm more like Ken Barlow"

Wasn't Uncle John's phrase "White Boys Strumming Guitars"?

Any comments on the FF so far?

1) Thankfully, I didn't think there was much evidence of the above.
2) On 1st hearing, I didn't think it was all that bad.
After all 2 Fall tracks, 1 from Wedding Present, 1 from DJ Scotch Egg, 1
from Richie Hawtin, 1 from Suicidal Birds from their brilliant Z-List
album, and that track from Mugstar (sounded like early Hawkwind from their
"In Search of Space" period).

I've heard much worse FF's.

YO HO HO and a Merry Christmas to all.

Phil