NOISE, what the f....

ady foley adyfoley@...
Tue Dec 20 21:03:27 CET 2005

hello,

apologies for any cross postings but check this crazy stuff out, this
is absolutely mad!

serious or piss take?

ady

taken from http://www.geocities.com/mothersagainstnoise/

Hello, and welcome to the Mothers Against Noise webpage! If you are a
concerned parent whose child is listening to NOISE and would like to do
something about it you have come to the right place.

WHAT IS NOISE?

Noise is music that uses unpleasant or painful or extremely loud or
discordant sound. Noise is also a very dangerous musical trend that is
hell bent on destroying civilized culture, this anti-cultural movement
is quickly sweeping the globe, and is very dangerous to our youth.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH NOISE?

Plainly put: Noise music causes ear and brain damage!!

NOISE MUSIC EMBRACES:
1. Rebellion
2. Violence
3. Nihilism
4. Escapism
5. Drugs / Alcoholism
6. Perversion
7. Dissonant / Offensive Sound
8. Paranormal / Occult Activities
9. Anti-God / Anti-Authority
10. Cult-like Organization

If you thought Rap, Punk, Heavy Metal or any other past degenerate
"music" trend was a threat...WAKE UP!! Inform yourself ! DO SOMETHING
ABOUT IT! We are not going to take this sitting down!

NOISE MUSIC / AN IN DEPTH LOOK:

In order to take the spiritual temperature of an individual or society,
one must "mark" the music. There is no more effective way to teach
anything than with the aid of music. It undoubtedly affects our
emotions. To start with many listeners do not realize the fact that
music is a powerful communicator of philosophy. In traditional (normal)
music, there is a melody and notes that one can sing along to. In noise
music, the actual musical part has become more and more debased away
from these standards and has slowly replaced them with desperation and
a distorted view on the world. This leaves the listeners mind, will,
emotions and actions affected adversely.
To some critics of my work, they call it "alarmist", "negative",
"ignorant". Many noise fans will cite many upon many seemingly
non-degenerate and/or positive noise musicians recording and performing
today. I cant blame anyone for being ignorant about this subject, since
noise is a brand new genre of music. Do not worry I will be here to
answer your questions and show the light of what is really going on.
Many will say even if some of the lyrical content of noise is not
offensive, but ultimately it doesn't matter because it is usually
effected with a lot of well... effects and you cant tell what they are
saying anyways. Then answer me this, if it doesn't matter then why
aren't they singing about birds and waterfalls and living in a
wonderful world?? Why arent they helping make this world a better
place?? I'll tell you why, they dont care about this world and they are
hell bent on destroying it.

Lets take a slight roll down history lane, shall we?? First there was
Mozart, then Beethoven, then Glen Miller, and all was fine in the
world.. :) then the bomb called Elvis was dropped, soon came Buddy
Holly, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash, this was the
rage called rock and roll. And the world would never bee the same
again, Parents disdained it and generally their opposition was based on
the sound and style of the music. But the underlying theme had become
the anthem for the youth culture. To many this theme became far more
important and influential than the actual music. This theme was more
than just an image--- IT WAS THE SPIRIT OF REBELLION!! Music was no
longer an organized structure of melody and notes, rock and roll
introduced dissonance and unpleasant sound at extremely loud volumes.
Though far from advocates, parents and educators dismissed it as a fad
of teen years, The excuse was (and still is in noise) that all
teenagers go thru a time of testing and growing that is often
associated with rebellion. Rock and Roll didn't go away. Noise
musicians see that rock music has lost its affect and has became an
accepted form within the climate of music and now the noise agenda has
its sights on eliminating any traces of melody or structure. In my
estimation this is where we lost Americas- and literally the worlds
youth culture. Music is the foundation of culture and these self
proclaimed prophets seek on destroying what little we have yet to hold
on to. In this post 9-11 world we have to fight harder and smarter than
our enemies. We must arm our self with knowledge and seek to shine
light where there is only darkness.

Noise is one of the most fanatical cults I have ever seen, within hours
of putting our website and message board online we were flooded with
messages and email from those involved in the scene. These people hide
behind the guise of "artistic creativity" while in reality they are out
to destroy any trace of art.(How contradictory is that folks?) It
spreads a message that is dogmatically opposed to the message of the
"establishment" and thus attains the status of a cult in my mind. A lot
of "noise defenders" will use excuses that they are presenting
alternatives to the established order that is also rotten, but instead
of trying to offer a well balanced alternative to the system they seek
on tearing it down. The noise scene is also structured a lot like
terrorist organizations, they work in small numbers with no clear
leader and work feverishly on their 'music' often self releasing cds
and records (I might add if you heard most of this stuff, youd see
why). This makes our job a lot harder since we do not have a handful of
larger record companies to boycott or pressure.

One thing is certain. We live in a society that seems to be
ever-changing, in reality what we are experiencing is merely a
repeating of history. Just as with the industrial revolution and the
explosion of the internet, mankinds moral character has undergone a
severe alteration. This alteration is not one unique to our time.
Indeed, on their way to total demise Roman and Greece followed the same
deceiving steps that we are now taking. Many parents of today have
witnessed the fastest most consistent decline of morality in the
history of the planet. The root of this moral decay in a society is
rebellion. It has become acceptable among the youth of today at a very
formative and vulnerable point in their lives. Capitalistic culture
knows this and manipulates this system of marketing rebellion, if we
don't stop this Noise trend right now, it might just be the final step
tword the complete collapse of civilized culture. If all the elements
of art are removed from art, the soul of a culture is dead. And that is
exactly what Noise is. Sound of a dead soul. Some "Noise Musicians"
(which i might add is another contradiction!) seem to think that they
are outside of this system, but either they are hiding this conspiracy
or unknowingly playing right into the game. I've received email from
'artists' saying that: they don't really think about what they do they
just do it because it is more natural or free than writing songs... i
see this as concrete proof of how manipulated some of them are. I would
also like to say even tho there is a conspiracy going on, not everyone
involved within it is aware that they are taking part in it. Thats why
we are here, to help inform parents on the dangers of noise and what
can be done about it.

Were a new organization and need your help! Right now: we need help
compiling lists of noise bands and record labels so parents can go thru
their childrens CDs and remove offending titles. Also we are looking
for quotes from noise 'musicians' that show the true nature of what we
are up against!

PARENTS STORIES:

Well, I just returned from my son's room where I found a record that
has got to be themost offensive recording I have ever heard. It is by 2
bands on what my son called a "split" release. What ever that means.
Anyway, the lyrics are utterly disgusting and disturbing. The record is
by two groups called Nicole 12 and Prurient. It comes
with a lyric sheet of some of the most horrid descriptions of
pedophilia and fantisies of sex with AIDS patients. And I DO NOT know
where this record cover could have been manufactured legally. I have
taken away ALL of my sons music (including his iPod) and his father and
I will be going though each one. Below is a list of some of them that I
can tell you, just by reading song titles or looking at the record
covers, need to be destoryed if
you find them in your childs collection. These are ones that just on
site were thrown in the garbage.

Women, I ask you to PLEASE look in your son or daughters rooms and
really take alook at the music and movies they are exposing themselves
to. My husband and I are debating storngly about sending our son to
seek some professional help. Right now I amvery upset and do not know
what to do. I do not want my son to become a pervert. I do not know how
he got interested in this stuff at all. And I thought Marylin Manson
was the sickest
thing around. I am just sick to my stomache that things like this
exist.

Although, I am confused by your inclusion of Radiohead on the site. I
am actually a fan. Or is this another band of the same name? Thanks
ladies for making this site. We need to collect as much information as
we can about this. In this day and age of computers and instant access
to all media by anyone. We really need to take the time to look at what
our children are listening to, watching, and reading on the web. **PL62

The Conspiracy. I will focus on some of the biggest offenders
conspiring to destroy the souls of our youth.

Wolf Eyes- With their alcohol fueled beevis and butthead antics, Wolf
Eyes signed a major label deal with Sub-pop Records (which poses as an
independent label) in 2004 and is probably the most famous American
noise act. While some label them as a 'just a more noisey Nine Inch
Nails', they are proof that noise is no longer a passing fad (just like
rock and roll). They tour around the world playing their brand of
rebellion at extremely loud volumes and encourage there fans to break
laws and are hell bent on destroying civilization. One look at their
"song" titles says it all: Stabbed in the Face, Human Slaughterhouse,
Sandpapered Eyes... etc.

Sonic Youth - this group is probably the most famous of all the noise
bands, while many in the 'noise community' feel that Sonic Youth are
not a technically a 'noise band'. Even tho SY's songs fall within the
definition of pop they do constantly promote and have noise bands open
for them when they tour. Sonic Youth (like Radiohead and Andrew WK) are
what i consider "gateway bands" for the noise agenda. Lead guitarist
Thurston Moore wields power of influence within the music industry and
what he says is not overlooked, being a father of a teenage daughter he
should wake up to his wrongs!

Whitehouse- probably one of the most offensive noise bands of all time.
I cannot even go into details about this band, they are the most
misogynist hateful offensive band around. If your child has any
Whitehouse CDs, stop everything and please think of getting them
professional help (i suggest Military School over therapy). They
started the subgenera of noise called Power Electronics or Harsh Noise,
which i might add is embraces the most degenerate aspects of human
behavior.

Merzbow- Merzbow is the most well know of the 'Japanese noise' bands.
Japanese noise uses a mix of technology, sex, nihilism, occult themes
and violence to further their aims. While Merzbow may not be as overtly
offensive in content (as say C.C.C. who is a japanese band comprised
entirely of prostitutes and porn stars who have sex with audience
members on stage) the 'music' is extremely void of any musical content.
Merzbow is Anti-God.

Radiohead- a lot of people keep asking why i included them into this
list, but they are what i consider a 'gateway band', my son was started
out by listening to Radiohead. By presenting a plastic commercialized
pop product this act has effortlessly slipped under the radar of a lot
of watchdog groups. They use alot electronic noise and noise imagery
within compositions and it may on the surface seem harmless but once
our kids get hooked on dissonance they will only go further down the
road for a bigger kick. If your child only has pop records and a
Radiohead record, it might not be too late to save them.... please
remove Radiohead CDs from their music collection.

Prurient- This young noise act has quickly risen to the top of the
bottom, all part to a very dangerous presentation of the most offensive
aspects of noise: S+M (sado-masochism) imagery, violence, escapism, and
classic american good looks. But that is where the 'fun' ends, the
music is just completely beyond listenable, it by far is some of the
most awful noise music i have ever heard. Live shows are reported to be
nothing but a drugged out ritualistic trance frenzy of microphones
feedback. :(

Andrew WK / To Live and Shave In Los Angeles (T.L.A.S.I.L.A.) : Maybe
you remember that catchy little hard rock song "Party Hard" from MTV a
few years back from musician Andrew W.K. and/or wonder why he is
included here. Andrew W.K. is one of the most cunning hoaxes executed
by the noise agenda, while the truth about the exact details of this
matter have been deliberately blurred, this is known: Andrew WK acted
for years the role of a simple party hungry pop rocker. But reality
shows his pop music was nothing but an orchestrated manipulation to get
a foot into the mainstream. And after his connections were established
within the mainstream he started touring with TLASILA a most vile
anti-authoritarian noise band (also features Sonic Youth member
Thurston Moore) Further research shows that an Andrew Wilkes-Krier
recorded with Wolf Eyes and released noise music under the name AAB
before making his "big break". Keep an eye on this one.

M.A.N IN THE NEWS:

10/20/2004 Metro Times " Earlier this year, when Wolf Eyes toured with
Sonic Youth for three weeks, they met up with proof that they were
doing something right in the form of M.A.N. � Mothers Against Noise � a
group of middle-aged mothers picketing outside a California venue.
Quote John Olson :�We pulled up to the venue in San Diego and there�s
all these women outside with M.A.N signs. And (Sonic Youth�s) Thurston
(Moore) was like, �That�s not for us, dude. That�s for you.��

If you are involved in the media please get in touch!

LISTS OF NOISE BANDS::
NICOLE 12
CONDOM
BRIGHTER DEATH NOW
MACRO-NYMPHA
BLOODY MINDED
TAINT
SKIN CRIME
SUTCLIFFE JUGUND
WHITEHOUSE
BEASTIAL WARLUST
SICKNESS
FCKN BSTRDS
WHORE BUTCHER

Masonna
Smegma
Solmania
Zbigniew Karkowski and Carlos Giffoni
Astromero
Jessica Rylan
Aaron Dilloway
James Twig Harper
O.P.C.
Leslie Keffer and Thurston Moore
White Rock
Zeena Parkins and Ikue Mori
John Wiese
Hive Mind
Zaimph
Daniel Menche
16 Bitch Pile Up
Fat Worm of Error
Bloodyminded
Prurient
No Neck Blues Band
Jim O'Rourke and Chris Corsano
Shackamaxon
Landed Sickness, Grunt, Deathpile, Air Conditioning +more
The Beast, Raven Strain, Sick Llama, Ex Cocaine,
Skaters, Burning Graveyards+Corsano+Spencer Yeh
Dj Bruiser and The Kidd w Visulas by Hatred
Sixes, Hans Guruesel's Kranken Kabinet, Chronicles of Lemur Mutation,
Tarantism, Noel Von Harmonson, Pod Blotz, Antiear
Stephen O'Malley,Clint Simonson, Roger & Nancy, Joel St Germaine, John
Schoen

vacuous pop presents...

Monday 12 December
Whip, Stafr�nn H�kon (solo), Last of the Real Hardmen & more tbc
Port Mahon, St Clements, Oxford

Friday 16 December
alias (anticon.), Christ. (Benbecula/ex Boards of Canada) & Foals
The Wheatsheaf, 129 High Street, Oxford
Doors 8pm / �6 adv / �7 door / 18+

vacuous pop - record label & live promotions
po box 289, oxford ox5 1we | http://www.vacuouspop.com | http://www.myspace.com/vpop