[peel] Re: Tom Robinson - Punk at Middle Age

Paul Bryant pbryant98@...
Fri Dec 16 13:06:17 CET 2005

--- thebarguest <thebarguest@...> wrote:

the current British
> "More-Rightwing-Than-Thatch" Labour government

This is the standard insult, the common currency of
political chitchat in this country. But it's not
actually true, not even remotely. And everyone who
parrots "oh yeah more rightwing than Thatcher" will
admit oh yes well i suppose they did bring in a
minimun wage in the fact of Tory and business
opposition, the tax credits have redistributed money
to the poor, oh yes well I suppose there has been more
money in the NHS, oh yes well I suppose so... So not
in fact more right wing than Thatcher? Oh well if you
must go on about the poor, maybe not... but what about
Iraq?

pb