Cover version shows

fitfee68 fitfee68@...
Thu Dec 15 16:09:56 CET 2005

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Ford" <alan@f...> wrote:

Didn't he also do a stomping version of The Ramones classic 'Judy Is
A Punk' that was on a show 97/98? I seem to have the idea that John
played more than just one of DJ Lebowitz's wonderful piano covers on
the same show during that time.
   All the best, Chris Stephens

> Hey Neil,
> I found your stomping piano-only version of Holiday In Cambodia -
from 13/7/91.
> It's by someone called DJ Lebovitz.
> There's also sessions by Party Dictator and Scientist.
> I've listened to 4.5 ours of these shows now, and still nothing by
the Fall.
> Alan

sessions by Tar and L7.
>   It seems I missed the first installment of the cover version
shows on 6/7/91 (unless the tapes are in a different box somewhere)
>   In those days John had 3-hour shows (11 - 2) on Sat and Sun
nights, still used his theme tune; and had to say goodbye to medium
wave listeners at midnight!
>   And in the news was a story about S. Africa dismantling
aparthied.
>   Cheers
>   Alan

listening to them over the next few days.

>     (If anyone wants to borrow them with a view to converting them
to MP3 then please bear in mind that I made a similar arrangement
with someone last April. They finally received the tapes this
week !!!)

>     Also, I just noticed Terry Edwards' entry in "In Session
Tonight". His only solo session (2/2/92) seems to have been cover
versions. The note says "After dozens of session guest appearances
with other acts, not to mention those as a founder member of The
Higsons, Edwards chose his debut solo date to salute the magic of
Miles Davis and Napalm Death".

>     Cheers
>     Alan

play lots of cover versions of stuff?  I loved those and had them on
tape until their mysterious disappearance.  For some reason I
particularly remember a stomping piano-only version of Holiday In
Cambodia.

>       I met Terry Edwards briefly at the Melkweg in Amsterdam
around 1994.  I was there to see Tindersticks and as I recall he was
playing on some of their numbers (maybe it was all their numbers!).
I can just about remember his verison of Container Drivers, although
I have to struggle!

>       festive50@b... wrote:
>         Just been listening to a Peel tape from 90/91.
>         After playing Container Driver by Terry Edwards and then
The Fall's
>         original version. He then read out a letter fron Terry
Edwards who'd been
>         conta cted by Jacko (mindermast (sic) of Stim Records
who'd found a
>         recording on Dandelion records  of Bill Oddie and mentions
that John
>         appeared on the recording to which John adds "and John
Walters and also