[peel] Cover version shows

Alan Ford alan@...
Wed Dec 14 20:07:15 CET 2005

Hey Neil,
I found your stomping piano-only version of Holiday In Cambodia - from 13/7/91.
It's by someone called DJ Lebovitz.
There's also sessions by Party Dictator and Scientist.
I've listened to 4.5 ours of these shows now, and still nothing by the Fall.
Alan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan Ford
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [peel] Cover version shows

  Listened to 7/7/91 today; some good stuff on it, inc (non-cover) sessions by Tar and L7.
  It seems I missed the first installment of the cover version shows on 6/7/91 (unless the tapes are in a different box somewhere)
  In those days John had 3-hour shows (11 - 2) on Sat and Sun nights, still used his theme tune; and had to say goodbye to medium wave listeners at midnight!
  And in the news was a story about S. Africa dismantling aparthied.
  Cheers
  Alan