[peel] The remaining singles for the Peel Box

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Fri Dec 9 10:49:44 CET 2005

Wasn't that during a small series of shows he did where he'd play lots of cover versions of stuff?  I loved those and had them on tape until their mysterious disappearance.  For some reason I particularly remember a stomping piano-only version of Holiday In Cambodia.

  I met Terry Edwards briefly at the Melkweg in Amsterdam around 1994.  I was there to see Tindersticks and as I recall he was playing on some of their numbers (maybe it was all their numbers!).  I can just about remember his verison of Container Drivers, although I have to struggle!

festive50@... wrote:
  Just been listening to a Peel tape from 90/91.
After playing Container Driver by Terry Edwards and then The Fall's
original version. He then read out a letter fron Terry Edwards who'd been
contacted by Jacko (mindermast (sic) of Stim Records who'd found a
recording on Dandelion records  of Bill Oddie and mentions that John
appeared on the recording to which John adds "and John Walters and also
the Pig.
Terry then suggests that John should give the record an airing.
John says "No way and anyway, I think I have all the copies".

            Best regards,
   Neil
  www.neiljenkins.org
  www.dandelionradio.com