The remaining singles for the Peel Box

nwobble nwobble@...
Thu Dec 8 11:50:32 CET 2005

This is stirling work. I've been following this, and been amazed at
how quickly you've all found some of these.

Well done all!

Will ask on a few other forums whether they have recordings of shows.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Kari Banta <mrcrow@m...> wrote:

> hi everyone!
>
> I think most folks here have seen the efforts to obtain copies of
everything Peel had in his box of singles.  We're really close, but
the following still elude us:

> 008 Arthur K Adams - Wildwood flower
> 027 Dreamland Express - Groovy
> 034 Firemen - Old smokie
> 086 Sasha Caro - Grade 3 section 2
> 090 Sipho Bhengu - Tickey dopies
> 094 Spit Out - O from I
>
> The B sides are missing as well.  These are albums that we can't
find at all--in some cases, we can't even get good information on the
artist or the label.  We've managed to track down just about
everything else, or know that it can be purchased.

> Our best shot at some of these maybe to get a copy of a show where
he played the album.  The last resort is obviously the box itself,
but as someone else pointed out, that's like asking for a Christmas
miracle.

> This is an appeal to all of you lovely Peel fans for whatever
information you have on these tracks.  Any and all help would be
appreciated!