[peel] Re: John Peel Day

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Fri Aug 26 18:44:12 CEST 2005

Well, if anyone has an event somewhere near Portsmouth, I'd happily 'compare' the evening, as a kind of ex-Peel contributer - and would, naturally, warn about the bad language coming from the bands..!

Anyone hear my return to One Music last night on Rob Da Bank, by the way?  That email petition seems to have paid off.  He's yet to use my bank robbery sound effects montage yet though - that's a good 'un.

Andy

Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...> wrote:
Indeed we should.  I've already started!  Particularly interesting would be to approach venues on the possibility to hold events involving unsigned bands and use whatever routes you can to get unsigned acts involved.

Robert Ward <r0bertward@...> wrote:
This may seem a little harsh, but Radio 1 are probably going to mess-up this great idea
and even if they don't they probably would appreciate a little help

so I propose that we (us, you and I) should try to steer things in the right direction, by contacting as many artists/labels as possible from all over the world who we think John did/would have taken pleasure in and urge them to submit offers of gigs/sessions/whatever

spread the word and make it great

love
rob

Best regards,