[peel] My 1st "Podcast" (?)

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Fri Aug 19 10:50:06 CEST 2005

And if anyone one else would like to have a go and is interested in contributing to this exciting, worthwhile and fun challenge, please do get in touch with me, either through the group or directly.  I'm looking to put a bunch of shows together by the end of September to see how they "look" side-by-side.  Andrew found this more fun to do that he'd anticipated, and I'm sure you'll find the same.  If you'd like help knowing how to go about it, just drop me a proverbial line.

Bottom line ... play what you like, how you like it, and be yourself!

As well as Andrew's show (which I'm aiming to have on my MP3 player within the next few hours!) you can also check out my show on

       http://www.live365.com/stations/neiljenkins

for a further look at what's possible with limited equipment and experience.  And I make lots of mistakes during this latest show (much to the amusement of Listen With Sarah!), so that should inspire you all to make your own shows!!!!  :-)

Go on!!  Have a bash!!!!

Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
I've been asked by Neil Jenkins if I'd like to contribute to a joint website featuring different presenters spinning records, in honour of John.

With that in mind, I've just produced a one hour show featuring some of my favourite recent purchases, and a number of unsigned/signed artists from my home town of Portsmouth that you probably won't have heard of.  I think eventually it's going to be on some sort of prototype website with other shows, but for now, have a listen to the Real Audio stream of it here: www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk/streams/AndrewMorrisonShow18-08-2005.ram or download the 64kbps, 27.5MB stereo mp3 file of the entire thing by right-clicking here: http://www.andrewmorrison.co.uk/mp3/AndrewMorrisonShow18-08-2005.mp3.

You've heard my disclaimers - now hear me make an arse of myself trying to actually play some records and make coherent sense!

It's the first time I've had a go at presenting a radio show for about four years (used to do hospital radio), so go and have a listen and see what you think of my choices and style.  Don't know if this will become a regular thing - depends how much feedback I get for it!

Does this count as "Podcasting" or "Audio Blogging" or something like that???

Andy

P.S. Listen out for my next set of Radio One announcements on next Thursday 's Rob Da Bank One Music Show - I posted them off to him today.

Regards,
Andrew Morrison
Email: morriso@...
Website: http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk