Indy and Trojan Virus...

Made of Ale madeofale@...
Fri Apr 22 17:26:36 CEST 2005

Yesterday I sent out a link to the two lists about a program for listening
to new independent music.  Michael was quick to alert us that his
anti-virus software indicated an embedded trojan.  I have since done some
digging and it appears to be a false alarm( have installed it on my
machine, with no indication of the trojan)  I also found this on their
site(http://indy.tv/faq.html):

My anti-virus software tells me there is a virus in the Install_Indy.exe
file, what do I do?

We have had reports that AVG Free Edition reports that Install_Indy.exe is
infected by Downloader.Istbar.8. We have investigated carefully and
confirmed that this is not the case. We have contacted the makers of AVG
Free Edition to report this erroneous behavior. In the meantime it is safe
to disregard this report.

While I can't guarantee that it is safe, I do think the coast is clear and
have it running on my machines.  Also the code is based on a similar
project called iRate(http://irate.sourceforge.net/) for those interested.