Peel F.M.

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Sun Apr 17 14:03:14 CEST 2005

Hello,

For those of you have not seen this Group listed before, I started it
shortly after John's sad demise.

Its purpose it basically to continue his fine work of bringing New-
and-up-and-coming Bands to the Public via a Radio Station.

Due to the fairly tight regulatory body that is the Radio Authority,
our Group feels that the only cost and Listener-effective way forward
is via an Internet Radio Station.

Are you interested?

Quite a few Members from this Group also joined Peel F.M., but have
since drifted away. We have just been through a period of quiet,
listening to One Music to see how it fayred on Radio One.

My opinion, and the general concensus appears to be that whlist Huw
and Rob are doing a good job, the spectrum of the Musical Content is
not really wide enough for us. Ras Kwame I personally find very one-
sided in terms of both Music Choice and Presentation.

Our Group varies from this one, from what I can see, in as much as it
seems that this Group is dedicated to talking about and listening to
Classic Peel Sessions and Programmes, etc.

Our intention is to do this as well, but to concentrate more on the
new and un-heard of - in essence to continue John's work in our own
small way.

This message is not set out to criticise this Group, its Members, its
aims or objectives, but merely share our thoughts with you, in the
hope that some of you maybe interested in being a part of Peel F.M.

Many thanks for your time.

Goodnight.