Footie Thread

fitfee68 fitfee68@...
Sat Apr 16 02:22:52 CEST 2005

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, festive50@b... wrote:
>> Another great footie song is:-
> Dynamos vs Tornedos (Zimbabwe) by The Real Sound. JP played this
(well at
> least the 2nd half) 24.03.1987. It's basically a commentary set to
music
> with a calypso style narrative. In the 1st half the then president
of
> Zimbawe - Canaan Banana gets a mention (I think he actually kicks
off).
> It's great when a goal is scored and the commentator screams
> "It's a Goooooalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

  Oh dear, I think that I may have got the song above muddled up with
the song that I mentioned earlier featuring a team called Eleven Men
In Flight (that is, that there was commentary), as I do remember the
Dynamos v Tornados song.
  That was my first post as well so I feel like I've just come on on
my debut and scored an own goal! Talk about feeling 'as sick as a
parrot!'
  There was also Serious Drinking's Love On The Terraces (Bobby Moore
Was Innocent) and a song that I can't remember who it was by called
Pat Nevin's Eyes.
    ATB, Chris Stephens...dropped to the reserves next week :(