[peel] Zimbabwean Jit guitar

Nigel U npu65@...
Mon Sep 6 21:46:02 CEST 2004

Fact and Steeltown were the two other early singles that come to mind, but Marimba Jive is where I left the party. They weren't far off upstaging The Smiths when I saw them at Norwich in 1984.

Nice little site: http://www.redguitars.co.uk/

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: robfleay@ntlworld.com
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 1:10 PM
  Subject: Re: Re: [peel] Zimbabwean Jit guitar

  > I was recommended the Red Guitars. I know 'Good
  > Technology' was in a Festive  50 but I've never heard it.
  > Any fans here?

  Good Technology is a great song - everything else I've heard by them has been pants. Particularly the major label stuff they did later when they signed to (I think) Virgin.

  > What else should I investigate where the guitar is the
  > dominant force of the music?

  I dug out the Shalawambe album at the weekend - the track "Samora Machel" is awesome (was also in the F50 some years back)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  I was recommended the Red Guitars. I know 'Good Technology' was in a Festive 50 but I've never heard it. Any fans here? I'll probably get Slow To Fade...
  The Four Brothers record I bought recently is glued to my stereo. What else should I investigate where the guitar is the dominant force of the music? Kanda Bongo Man?

  Rich