[peel] a modest proposal [long] : in memoriam: alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.peel

Mark newswire@...
Sun Oct 31 00:14:08 CEST 2004

It's a really excellent idea. I'm sure you know many of us already post peel
sessions to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.indie and I'm sure your idea would work
very well.

BTW it'a not actually that  hard to get a group going in the defacto sense.
You can bypass alot of the redtape by just requesting it on the main feeder
servers like Supernews and Giganews.

As for the Control message - although it can't be done with Outlook Express
it can with almost all other newsreaders including the free Gravity which I
think can still be found on Tom's Gravity Page.

But even easier is to find one of the usenet Mavericks like those on alt
free.newsservers. Then just ask and more often than not they'll oblige just
to piss off the usenet police - an informal term for usenet's equivalent of
grammar snobs.

However if you want to do it the "right way" then look at http://www
learnthenet.com/english/html/29start.htm

or search for something better. In short it's avery good idea.

But there are encrypted p2p nets like www.filetopia.com where you can lso
start your own group and it's very very stable. I use it myself. It's
anonymous in the sense that you can't get a users IP address unless he
agrees. Otherwise the exchange is authenticated with public key cryptography

Lets bounce this one round and see where we go. After all we need something
robust if we do it.