for what its worth...

hammieweb gpwebster@...
Sat Oct 30 13:26:13 CEST 2004

...I've been listening to John Peel on and off since about 1978 and I
would like to say is what I really liked about him was the fact that
he didn't say too much, he just got on with playing the music. No
stupid jingles, no talking over records, just a good bloke who loved
the music he played. I met him once about 1981 at a John Peel
Roadshow at Preston Poly and talked to him on the phone in 1992 when
I asked him to play something for my then girlfriend, now wife,
Janice. He did and we still have the tape!! These are memories I will
always treasure.

John Peel - Thank You

Graham Webster

PS Thanks to everyone who contributes to this discussion group
(especially Bill Spiby & Claire who we used to talk to on Napster) -
Keep It Alive
Keep It Peel!!!!