[peel] Peel - The Future

Ed Blackmore me@...
Wed Oct 27 13:06:13 CEST 2004

> I'm a big Zane Lowe fan. He's in the perfect slot for me and him at
> present, so I'm not suggesting him as a Peel replacement, but a little
> respect would be nice.
> --
> Jan

This list has always been critical of anything not Peel or Kershaw,
like anything good, but not as good as Peel, is to be dismissed.
A 1Xtra showcase while Peel was on holiday? Shock horror.

I think Zane's show is fantastic, he has great energy, and diverse
music. He plays wantever he likes, but probably more suited to a
younger / rock audience.

R1 has expanded it's evening shows, and I've really been enjoying
them. I don't know what could go in the Peel slot, but if the evening
shows just contract to their original 6 hours it'll be a great shame.

RIP John, you've been a great companion over the last 6 years, all
those late nights sat up working, and occasionally bopping in front
of the computer.

Ed