End of an Era

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Tue Oct 26 22:00:18 CEST 2004

I've been an avid Peely fan for sixteen years, and he has pointed me in the direction of literally hundreds of releases to compliment my record collection.  He even helped me land my job, by playing the "offensive content" announcements my family and I recorded for his show.

Just a few weeks ago, John commented that it was his "ambition" to meet us all before the end of the year, and we were due to attend his Christmas techno night at Maida Vale studios in December.

It will be my life long regret that I never got the chance to meet and chat with someone who influenced my life so constantly, and so positively.  I feel honoured to have contributed, in a very minor way, to his broadcasts.

I'm gutted, and still in disbelief that I'll no longer be taping his shows every week.  The unprecedented reaction from his many, many fans around the globe only cements his reputation as the world's finest broadcaster.  We should all feel privileged to have experienced his shows within our lifetime.

We shall miss you, Uncle John.

Regards,
Andrew Morrison (29)
Portsmouth