[peel] Digest Number 816

Marcelle van Hoof mar.celle@...
Sat Oct 9 12:23:46 CEST 2004

From: <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 12:46 AM
Subject: [peel] Digest Number 816

>            From: Tom Roche <troche@...>
>            From: simon smith <moomin@...>
>            From: rockerq@...
>            From: Martin Wheatley <martinw@...>
>       5. Re: Status Quo
>            From: Stefan Cooke <scooke@...>
>       6. Re: Status Quo
>            From: Kybosh <kybosh@...>

> Message: 1
>    Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:09:38 -0400
>    From: Tom Roche <troche@...>
> Subject: Garner Book on e-bay
>
> I was on holiday in London in about 1997, and walking through a SoHo
bookstore that seemed to specialize in overstock and discount books, there
was a 4 foot high stack of unsold Ken Garner Peel Sessions books, for 7
pounds 99 each.

> I bought one for myself, and then thought and thought who else back in the
States might want one as a gift, and could think of no one. (Peel listeners
in the States, then as now, but even more so in the pre-internet era, are
few and far between. Too busy attending G H W Bush rallies I guess.)

> I then considered buying more than one copy just for myself, but when you
are on holiday you tire of carrying shopping parcels all day.