[peel] Peel tribute show

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Fri Nov 26 20:46:56 CET 2004

At 11:25 26/11/2004 +0000, you wrote:

 >Like many radio stations, WXYC in Carolina did a Peel-oriented show a
 >couple of weeks ago.
 >Unlike many, this - apparently - has a Ken Garner interview embedded
 >somewhere within the 3 hours. Note that I've not actually listened to
 >it yet, so any intrepid listeners might be able to let us know... it
 >is downloadable as a 169Mb (!) Mp3 so those with plenty bandwidth but
 >less time could chip away at in bite-sized listens.
 >
 >http://www.wxyc.org/tnf/peel.html (any comments to the DJ,
 >archiemcfly@...)
 >
 >Stuart

I've downloaded it and skimmed through it.   It seems to be mostly talk rather
than just music (I wouldn't like to comment on the legality of some of the
clips they use!)
It really is a detailed overview of John's career and I would certainly
recommend it as one
to add to your collection of Peel related shows.  Give it a listen and
after the first
ten minutes I'm sure you'll decide you want it.

martiwn