[peel] Identify tracks played by John Peel long time ago

Pat Dibben pat183us@...
Tue Nov 23 23:41:26 CET 2004

I am pretty sure "Hotsteppers returning" is Ini Kamoze.
Had a hit called "Her Comes the Hotstepper" round about the same time.

Pat.

atyourveryownrisk <belphegore@...> wrote:

Hi,
can anyone help me to identify tracks played by John Peel please?
Peel played these tracks between 1982 and 1993 on BFBS (British Forces
Broadcasting Service) Germany. But I assume he played it as well on
BBC at the same time. Every hint is welcome.

BTW I was listening regulary to John Peel between 1982 and 2000 on
BFBS. Since 1998 I heard his shows on BBC.

??? - What happen's?
~2:09 min., from 1983?
Something from Poland I think. Weird but I like it
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/what_happens.mp3

??? - Hey mama, hey papa
~3:11 min., from 1983?
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/hey.mp3

??? - Can you trust the fool?
~5:07 min., from 1983?
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/can_you_truxt_the_fool.mp3

Mohatella Queens - ???
from or with the Mohatella Queens
~2:51 min., between 1987-1989 or earlier
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/mohatella_queens.mp3

Splinted - ???
Splintered??
~2:46 min., from 1989/1990?
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/splinted.mp3

Rapeman - ???
~3:20 min., 1989/1990
perhaps "Inki's Butt Crack" 3:24?
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/rapeman.mp3

??? - Kids in America (Cover Version)
~3:00 min., 1990/1991
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/kids_in_america.mp3

??? - Hot steppers returning
~3:31 min., between 1991-1993 or earlier
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/hot_steppers_returning.mp3

Revolutionaires - ???
~3:37 min.
http://home.arcor.de/slingnau/rev.mp3