[peel] Peel book

robfleay@... robfleay@...
Mon Nov 22 14:07:17 CET 2004

> I'm sure it will be of interest - a biography of John by
> Mick Wall.

Mick Wall - I recognised the name from my younger days as a closet heavy metal fan - this guy used to write for Kerrang!

In fact his credentials are spelled out on the Amazon site if you dig

"Mick Wall was the founding editor of Classic Rock Magazine. He's the author of numerous music titles, including books on Iron Maiden, Don Arden and Black Sabbath. He ghosted XS All Areas: the autobiography of Status Quo, and is a former dj on Capital Radio."

I guess we can give him the benefit of the doubt but I would be genuinely surprised if this book was any good - or at least showed an understanding & appreciation of the music John championed.

Looks like there a couple of other  rush releases for xmas here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0952871262/ref=pd_sim_b_dp_1/202-2229892-6567021

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/1843171511/reviews/202-2229892-6567021

The Michael Heatley book looks like the pick of the bunch...
But even weirder  - Amazon are still listing Peel's AUTOBIOGRAPHY with a release date of September 2005..