[peel] Peel's replacement

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Mon Nov 22 00:55:14 CET 2004

Likewise, and even more so. I�ve hardly ever listened to a live show due to
family and other commitments. In early �70�s I became a Hi-Fi buff, where
sound quality was everything. However, in 1987 when I rediscovered Peel, and
I had to go into hospital twice for 2 week stints, I used to tape Peel on a
portable radio cassette and heard the Bhundu Boys, King of the Slums and
Public Enemy for the 1st time, I discovered that content was everything and
sound quality just a bonus. These tapes are one of my most treasured
possessions. So no need to apologise Mark.
Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark [mailto:newswire@...]
Sent: 21 November 2004 23:22
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Peel's replacement

 Would you be horriified if i admitted I haven't actually listened live to
the show since the dawn of DTT? It's just so easy to set the video and Nicam
sound is more than adequate. Now with HD recorders it's even easier. I dont
think the AOD is very good quality but, it provdes a good safety net if
anytihng goes wrong with the video.