Steve Barker

simon@... simon@...
Sat Nov 20 14:18:53 CET 2004

> I agree with many theat Rob's giving it a good go in a difficult
> situation. However, without being critical of Rob, I think a more
> appropriate replacement would be Steve Barker of On the Wire fame.
> Check out old playlists at
> http://www.onthewire.uk.com/web/html/OLDER.asp

doesn't Steve live overseas now? I thought he only presented the odd
OTW these days...

I do agree he'd be splendid as a replacement, but I suspect that he'd
be considered too old for Radio One.

There would be a slight irony in him taking over after everyone was
complaining about Peel shifting off towards dawn in the schedule, as I
seem to recall when Radio Lancashire moved On The Wire back past
midnight on Thursdays Peel read out a letter from a listener
complaining and then said something like "on the other hand, I do think
that if what you're doing is interesting enough, people will seek you
out wherever you are..."