John's last World Service Programme

dj_oldwood dj_oldwood@...
Fri Nov 19 12:20:22 CET 2004

Listened to John's last World Service programme this morning,
including a track from Neu from 1972 - I can remember buying that
when it came out.  The last track ever was a stonking dance tune from
Dr Venom.  I'll have to buy that too.

Did anyone get a decent recording of the show?  Happy to pay postage
etc costs for a CD if anyone can drop it one to one for me.

As we can't get the medium wave broadcast of World Service in
Scotland I was reduced to using my portable DAB radio and recording
it onto my pocket PC!  Fitting though as I the first time I taped
things of his show it was using a portable cassette and microphone of
a transistor radio!

BTW the world service and are going to be broadcasting old Peel
sessions in his slot for the next few months.