Peel's Last Day

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Tue Nov 9 03:05:06 CET 2004

Hello Tom,

I don't think John would have expected you to take on such a massive
journey on his behalf, though I am sure he would have appreciated it.

Firstly, I wouldn't advise anyone to do what I am going to have to
do - and that's drive! Unfortunately, circumstances have prevailed
against me and I have a Hospital appointment, currently booked for
1010 hours the same day!

I am going to try my level best to get it re-scheduled tomorrow to
another date close by, but I don't hold out much hope; otherwise Tom
I would have given you a lift, and it's a four hour round trip for me
too, coming from Kent, U.K.

I would strongly recommend the Train - no traffic jams that way - so
all I can do is post this link to you:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/planmyjourney/time_table/journey_require
ments.asp?&T2ID=7867_200411914856

(You will have to Cut/Copy and Paste this into your Address Bar
otherwise the Link won't work).

It is Network Rail's Journey Planner so you can punch in where you
going to and from and the times of the journey, it should do all the
rest.

If it helps, you ideally need to get to London's Liverpool Street
Railway Station from Heathrow, which you can use the London
Underground for - but you can find that out from the planner, in case
you decide on a different route!

Can anyone else who is going from the Group, please say so, it would
be nice to get together and meet - I'm sure John would have
appreciated that too!

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, troche@m... wrote:

> [...]
quite a journey, but I have decided to attend. All the way from
Atlanta. The last minute fares I looked up were well over a thousand.
But I rolled the dice today on one of those fare/bidding sites and
said how about $300.

> I was ready for them to say get lost, but way unexpectedly they
said OK. I have to fly to Chicago first Wednesday afternoon, then
into Heathrow by 8AM Thursday. After that I have no idea what
happens. I'll get up to Bury St Edmonds somehow, stay somewhere.

> So, kind strangers, who IS going? Is there any one I could hitch a
ride with? Maybe someone who already lives in the general East Anglia
reigion... somewhere i could journey to on Thursday avoiding the
nutty nutty London hotel prices? I'm a nice enough Yank I suppose,
always wear a shirt, and didn't vote for Bush. Who'll have me?