Poignant Moment

Alan Ford alan@...
Sat Nov 6 21:59:51 CET 2004

I was sorting out some old tapes today and found an unmarked C90.
It turned out to be a Peel show from 1999, featuring The Woodbines in sesson.
Towards the end of the show he announces "Here's one for the Pig" and plays the Otis Redding song "Let Nothing Separate Us".

     I'll let nothing separate us
     I'll let nothing, no, no, separate us
     What you ask me, to do or say
     I'll tell you everything, lord, is okay
     And I'll let nothing separate us
     I'll let nothing, no, no, no, worry or trouble your mind

     When this whole world, comes to an end
     I'll be standing there
     Holding your trembling hand
     I won't let nothing separate us, oh now

     Honey, when this whole world comes to an end
     I'll be standing there holding your tremblin' hand
     And I won't let nothing, no, no, separate us
     Nothing in the world
     I won't let nobody, nothing, touch you
     I won't let nobody, nothing, just say anything
     And I'll just be right with you baby
     Darling 'till the end

At the end John says "Why do those things always make me cry?"

Me too.

Cheers

Alan

PS Channel 4 are showing Sound Of The Suburbs on Tuesday night.
Their web-site says
"OXFORD - Another chance to see a classic episode of the series in which the late, great DJ journeyed through the suburbs and satellite towns of Britain, examining the landscapes and social conditions that gave birth to so many world-influencing musical and youth movements."
Sounds like it's going to be just one episode, not the whole series.

PPS Can't remember many "world-influencing musical and youth movements" from Oxford.