A Modest Proposal Part 2 : alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.peel

sqdrldr sqdrldr@...
Mon Nov 1 20:47:39 CET 2004

I'm canvassing opinions for the Modest Proposal, which is a Peel Usenet binaries group.

Read the original M-P here if you like:

(For those of you who don't yet know what Usenet is or how to use it, I fear this is
not the time or place for an explanation. Please hang on or hit Google. Ta)

Where I'm at:

Thus far I've sent a feeler out to alt.config, which I learn is the polite thing to do.

The form of my posting is dictated by alt.config's particular requirements (so apologies for
the obvious stuff)  and *no other* considerations. I learn that alt groups can be started by
anyone, but I'm working out justifications for doing so which could be the basis for a
Charter.

Your input is requested: feel free to be As Rude As You Like about this proposal,  and I
especially welcome comments from long-term Yahoo-Peelists who know loads more than I
do, and (let's face it) would make any Usenet group sink or swim in the long run.

I/we don't have to start absmp or absmj-p after all, and indeed this needn't go any further
if people here don't like the sound of it, and can tell me why they don't.

I am pretty keen on taking it forward, however.

here it is, fyi: