[peel] More thoughts

Maureen mozy@...
Mon Nov 1 19:45:56 CET 2004

<< nobody's actually that much of a dickhead. >>

Wanna bet?

Rocker

Quite right! And he's totally missed what Peel was about. He took the time to listen to all those tapes from umsigned bands to bring us the gems. He wasn't there to cater for the mainstream, to trot out the Clash, Springsteen or Bob Marley. Or to continue to play Rod Stewart after he'd started churning out the hits. (Could you imagine Peel playing "Do ya think I'm sexy"?!!!) That was for mainstream, daytime radio, for those sheep who can't think to explore anything beyond their limited musical horizons. Parsons is clearly betraying that he is one of those sheep.

Oh. And at John's 60th, I asked what he would do if Rod Stewart landed unannounced in a helicopter. "Set the dogs on him" was his laconic reply. Peel had moved on. So should Parsons.

Maureen