[peel] More thoughts

gforsyth@... gforsyth@...
Mon Nov 1 15:25:44 CET 2004

Well he's obviously after a reaction. But he is certainly INCORRECT
   re. Elvis Presley: I can recall him playing Mystery Train, for example, and other
   Elvis I now forget. He played an Elvis song from a Russian pressed 78 once.
   George Forsyth

http://www.mirror.co.uk/columnists/tonyparsons/

Parsons reckons Peel was "horribly blinkered", "narrow-minded" , "unlistenable", "never played Elvis Presley", "championed second-rate rock music", "a pretentious snob", etc.  The more I read it the less I'm sure that this column is a wind-up.  If it is, it's a welcome departure from the saccharine-drenched dross that Parsons churns out in his turgid books.

So, who'll mourn you when you're dead, Tony......?

dougal mckinnon
E-mail: d.mckinnon@...

> The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> Get unlimited calls to
> U.S./Canada

Yahoo! Groups Links