timeslot

garry_latham garry_latham@...
Sun May 23 21:48:37 CEST 2004

I actually really like the midweek placings, less clashes with my
social life, and makes something to look forward to in the middle of
the week.

I hope this is not an attempt to start pushing John out.  It had
seemed that the move to 10pm (or was it actually 9pm, later moving
to 10pm when bloody Chris Moyles joined, to make space for his ego)
midweek was Radio 1 pulling him in.  (This seemed to be confirmed
at the time with him doing a stint covering for Jo Whiley).  The
previous weekend slot at the time seemed to me to be setting the way
for his retirement. This was a time, if my memory serves me right,
when the weekend was for bringing in new DJs, and semi-retiring
older ones.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "John Bravin" <john.bravin@p...> wrote:
> I too remember Saturday afternoons, Captain Beefheart competing
with the football results - very brave scheduling in those days.
It's easy to put the minority music on very late at night, but I
can't see Andy Parfitt being brave enough to "shake up the
schedules" enough to compete with the daytime programmes.