Mark Radcliffe

Tom Roche troche@...
Sat Jul 17 16:49:03 CEST 2004

At 6:16 PM +0000 7/16/04, peel@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>Message: 1
>   Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:03:43 GMT
>   From: <christone@...>
>Subject: Mark Radcliffe
>
>Out On Blue Six showed what the guy can do - it was funny and
>fascinating at the same time, with some extraordinary music
>
>He ain't done nothing like it since...

My family rented a vacation house on the beach in Florida last month for a week, and we had a broadband connection and a laptop along. Oh and a little pirate FM transmitter. So we had BBC FM right on the Gulf coast all day, very enjoyable. Martin had recommended Radcliffe and I'd not listened to his solo shows, and yes they were great, all of them. Only a few clunker songs, only a few forays into the laddie humor idiocy I had expected. The "3 Songs 1 Theme" bit is always clever.

 Would Radcliffe sound as great stuck in traffic on the M4 as they did with my toes on the surf on a pristine beach...? Hard to say.

tom in atlanta