[peel] Festive 50 - 2004

Jan Buxton janb@...
Thu Dec 30 22:34:07 CET 2004

On Thursday, December 30, 2004 9:25 PM [GMT+1=CET],
festive50@... <festive50@...> wrote:

> I'm surprised no one has yet posted on the festive 50 as played so
> far. So here goes. The 1st one.
> Haven't heard it all yet but have seen the listings - Nos. 50-21.
> I don't know about the rest of you but I'm impressed so far.
> i.e. Most of tracks :-
> a) To my knowledge, were played on Peel's show.
> b) Were not played on XFM, London's tawdry "answer" to Peel if you
> need to listen to daytime music on the radio.
> c) A reasonable cross section.

Well as the voice of the mainstream :-), I'd say that whilst it might
please the Peel purists it's not been that great so far. Only Ballboy,
Black Keys, Art Brut, and Mclusky have raised the pulse rate and would
encroach on (the lower reaches of) my own chart of the year.

--
Jan standingupforexcitingmusicwithtunes