[peel] Keep It Peel.

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Fri Dec 17 17:10:58 CET 2004

Well, 'Teenage Kicks' won't even be in the Festive Fifty, as the tracks have to new releases or sessions from this year!  I have a feeling there will be some strange selections in there, as all the publicity surrounding Peel's death no doubt sent web surfers towards the voting page of the website that won't have listened to the show for donkey's years (and whose musical taste will have since, er, "mellowed", shall we say).  Rob Da Bank has already said they'd had votes for Keane and Joss Stone, for example.  God knows what'll end up in there if it's not even occasional listeners that have been voting this year.

Andy

Regards,
Andrew Morrison
Email: morriso@btinternet.com
Website: http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: cynicaldj
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 7:33 PM
Subject: [peel] Keep It Peel.

Hello All,

Tonight at 1900 hours on www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 for SEVEN hours
is "Keep It Peel", Radio 1's Tribute to John Peel.

Regarding the Festive Fifty, for my money call me old-fashioned and
sentimental, I'd like to see Undertones - "Teenage Kicks", make the
top spot, although I have reservations as to whether the Festive
Fifty should even be run this year; let's face it, he's was getting
tired of it himself, wasn't he?!

My chief concern is that Radio 1 will use its "Keep It Peel" Tribute
as the opportunity to say not only goodbye to John Peel, but the Peel
Programme itself.

What do you think?

Anyway, I'm off to listen to "Keep It Peel".

Goodnight.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor