Peel Book

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sat Dec 11 16:20:34 CET 2004

(Private Eye on Mick Wall's book)
>  More likely he lifted them wholesale from
>www.rocklist.net/festive50.htm, which comes at the top of any Google
>search for “Festive 50”.
>
>Wall and Orion know it’s hard to claim copyright in a simple list, and
>that the internet seems to be a free-for-all; but that doesn’t make
>them profiting from the hard work of an unpaid and uncredited fan any
>less shabby.
I  need to go and have a look at this again - my memory may be
playing tricks, but the test will surely be the 1977 chart (chosen by
Peelie himself). All i can really recall about this is that the
Motors were the unlikely band at #1 and #3, but the rocklist.net site
only lists numbers 1 - 13!
A web search doesn't turn up anything more than this, apart from the
fact that (supposedly!) Some Chicken's 'New Religion' was at #16.
(http://www.damagedgoods.co.uk/somechicken/)

Stuart