Rob on the Peel Programme.

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Thu Dec 2 00:36:46 CET 2004

Hello All,

Just to add my comments to the ongoing issue of Rob replacing John
and what we all think of him.

As we have all stated, he must be given a chance, however there are
two factors to his Presentation style that do irk me, both of which
were re-enforced last night.

1. He either has deep suspicions or has actually been told that he IS
only temporary and that he won't be doing the Programme next year.

2. He doesn't come across as enjoying the Music as much as John, nor
I suspect, is it as important to him.

He made the first comment regarding his attempt at pronouncing a
Welsh Bands' name and said words to the affect of "...next year
you'll have someone who can pronounce these words better than me...".

His second comment came in responding to a Listener's E-Mail or Text,
that they were having an argument over a piece of Music they heard
played, which he sounded genuinely aghast at and made some comment
along the lines of "...oh, come on, it's only Music...", which didn't
come across to me as being in jest.

Before you think I am being too picky, let me sum up: I think he is a
decent bloke who makes a good job of doing what he is employed to do,
but not being a permanent Presenter of the Peel Programme. To me, he
doesn't sound like he is enjoying it enough himself?

Anyway, that's my 10 pence worth!

Cheers.

P.S. Phil (Festive Fifty), I still haven't heard from you?