There is a light that never goes out

dj_oldwood dj_oldwood@...
Wed Dec 1 10:46:23 CET 2004

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "arclight2525" <todsy94@h...> wrote:

> Glad to have found this group. A month gone and I still very sad
> about John's death.

Yes, I feel the same and am sure many others do too.  While the
feeling of shock has gone the feeling of loss will endure. I only
found this group recently too and it's been good reading others
thoughts, especially as I don't know anyone else who shares my taste
in music or more than a passing interest in John's death.

To my own surprise I have found myself listening to more music in the
last month than probably the last six, must be the way I've found to
cope I suppose. I have also spent loads more too on new stuff that he
played in the last few shows.  Also I have started to pick out more
or less at random one of the many old tapes I have - I never thought
I'd have time to listen to them, so quick and fast came new tracks to
tape and hear.  Last night I played one from 1990 with a session by
MC 900 Foot Jesus and Ill Tip by Silk X Leather amongst others - I'd
forgotten all them to be honest but they still sounded good!

Lots been said about Rob da Bank's show and that it's mainly living
off tracks JP had already "starred".  What saddens me is how many new
things we've already missed in the last month that he would have
played.  I am going to have to work a lot harder now to find good new
stuff rather than rely on JP - there's loads of good dance music web
sites which have short clips you can listen too but that's just one
field, I am going to need to check out the various internet radio
shows previous posts have mentioned as well.