[peel] Re: Is this the same Eric Sinclair who lived in Chicago a few years back?

Eric Sinclair esinclai@...
Fri Apr 30 13:35:08 CEST 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 10:15 AM, Stuart McHugh wrote:
>  I was going to say that! Well, not the Chicago bit... anyone else
>  here remember the great Peel tape chain, where cassettes of classic
>  shows would make it all the way across the Atlantic, only to get lost
>  by the postal service somewhere between Austin and San Diego?

Do I remember?  Heck yeah I remember.  The excitement of ripping open
the padded envelope, listening to the tapes as they dubbed, making
little notes of new music to buy, cursing the whims of fate when a
track one loved would get missed in the flip....

Seriously, it was a big opening to a bunch of music I hadn't heard on
this side of the ocean, and a very cool way to get to know (if barely)
some of our transfer-agents in the envelope swapping game.

I still owe you beverages or food if we can ever hook up one side or
the other of the Atlantic, Stuart!

-E

--
esinclai@...                      aim: esinclai