[peel] Painted Black covers!

Goofy Kent goofy@...
Fri Sep 26 01:30:20 CEST 2003

Junk Monkey wrote:
> I'm trying to get hold of some of the Paint It Black covers that
> Peelie was playing a few months back -- friend of mine played french
> womans vocals version, and when he heard there were more, he was
> beside himself.

I wouldn't know of any specific sessions but there's an album full of
versions of said Stones tune, out on tUMULt Records operating from the West
Coast of the US. Maybe this is the one you were referring to? Peel has
played tracks from said album.

'Painted Black' is the title, and it's available on very limited edition:
http://www.tumult.net/catalog/painted.html .

Cheers,

G-man