[peel] So you guys know everything, some more

simon smith moomin@...
Tue Nov 25 18:01:54 CET 2003

In message <3FC33BBA.B84A9450@...>, Jon
<jmsmall@...> writes
>> Afraid to disappoint but The Office uses the version of Handbags and
>> Gladrags recorded by the Stereophonics. It was written by Mike D'Abo (who
>> was in Manfred Mann) and Chris Farlowe covered it too.
>
>It's not the wimpy Stereophonics version on the programme, I think it's
>a cover of D'Abo's song done by Big George

Mike D'Abo was the subject of the most vicious spoof phone call by Chris
Morris on 'On the Hour' in the early 80s, when D'Abo was working as a DJ
for Radio Bristol. Gutsquelchingly embarrassing to listen to.

--
simon smith