F50, WBWG, vote rigging etc.

graham steel g.j.steel@...
Tue Nov 18 11:33:09 CET 2003

My 2 (Euro) cents on this:

Many of us on the list probably have a large proportion of WBWG music
in our record collections. However the great thing about listening to
JP is the *variety* of stuff you hear - that's why you listen for the
whole two hours, and why I could never listen to some indie guitar
music show. The problem with many festive fifties is not that I object
to any *particular* WBWG band being in there, they're often quite good
songs, just that I object to hearing 40+ WBWG songs - in fact, I'm
desperate for the normal shows to start again by the end of it.

I suspect the problem is that the order of your choices is
over-weighted. A lot of people probably vote for their favourite WBWGs
as number 1, since they saw them at a gig last week and feel a certain
loyalty etc, and then maybe vote for something more unusual as 2 or 3,
but this rarely weighs up to enough to get the unusual bands up
there. And it mean non-JP listeners who just log on to vote thanks to
some stupid fan club campaigns etc. have a big influence. I say, scrap
the ordering - make the three songs equal!

gram

--
http://www.radio.plus.com