Peel shows on offer

Dave Chapman dave2@...
Sat May 17 10:34:46 CEST 2003

Hello list,

I've been recording Peel's show from Radio One (and the World Service)
since September 2002 (with a small number of omissions due to satellite
dish problems and human error) and would like to make these available to
people on this list.

I'm recording them from Radio One's digital satellite (DVB-S) feed,
where they are broadcast as a 192kbit/s MPEG-1, Layer II ("MP2") audio
stream.  I use a PC DVB-S card to record the original compressed data to
my hard disk.

These files are about 180MB for each show, and can be played with
nearly all "mp3" players (including most portable MP3 players - I use an
Archos MP3 Jukebox to listen to the shows).

If people are interested in a small number of specific shows, and have
other recordings to trade, then email me off-list and I am sure we can
arrange something.

I would also be willing to offer a small number of sets of my complete
collection on DVD+R in return for "blanks and postage". i.e. you send me
some blank DVD+Rs and a return envelope with the correct postage, and
I'll burn the shows and send them back.

Obviously, this will be quite time consuming for me, so I would prefer
to send the DVDs to other listeners who have DVD recorders (or CD
recorders) and would be willing to make a similar offer to this list.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Dave