[peel] Our beloved continuity announcers

Jon jmsmall@...
Wed May 14 15:11:09 CEST 2003

Tom Roche wrote:

> Just before Peel's BBC World Service broadcast today... a program in which he was to > play a track by reggae legend Prince Far I... the continuity announcer promo'd the > programme by saying that John Peel would  have music coming shortly by "Prince Far > The First."

I caught this wonderful moment on tape:
http://www.vheissu.freeserve.co.uk/sounds/continuity.mp3

And while I'm here, I came across an interview with Palmolive of the
Slits at http://www.nstop.com/paloma - fascinating reading. There's an
mp3 of an alternative version of "FM" (Frequent Mutilation) complete
with an extra verse stating that "Jesus is the answer"... She started
drumming again because God told her to.

Chilling. Absolutely chilling.

Jon
--