"There's a party going on down around here"

Anthony Brady anthonybrady@...
Thu Jul 17 17:03:22 CEST 2003

Those of you in London might be interested in this club.

Saturday 26th July is Uptight's third Birthday and to celebrate we're opening the doors at the slightly earlier time of 9:00pm and offering FREE ENTRY + a FREE BIRTHDAY DRINK to everyone who comes before 10.00pm - that's a beer, wine or a spirit & mixer. And for this month only, the Happy Hour has doubled in length from 9.00-11.00pm. As well as the usual mix of fantastic music, we have a few other things planned as well (all will be revealed on the night) which should make it a pretty special evening all round.

We'd like to thank everyone who has ever come along to Uptight over the years and kept us going for as long as we have. Hopefully we'll see you on the 26th to raise a glass, smoke a cigar and have a bit of a dance with us.

Here's the detail:

Uptight @ The Tatty Bogle Club, Kingly Court (off Beak St), Soho.
Doors 9.00pm - 3.30am.
Free Entry + Drink before 10.00, ���4.00 entry afterwards.

Further info at our website at http://www.uptight.org.uk

Sixty seconds in the head of Uptight:
New Order Ramones Fall Strokes Stooges Galaxie 500 Clinic Modern Lovers Pixies Television Spacemen 3 Stereolab JAMC Brian Eno Sonic Youth Velvet Underground Clash White Stripes Beach Boys Patti Smith Big Star Magazine Flaming Lips Lee Hazlewood Lambchop Broadcast MBV Roxy Music Kraftwerk Denim Teenage Fanclub Ronettes Sex Pistols Moldy Peaches David Bowie Johnny Thunders...