The BBCWS event if you want it

Tom Roche troche@...
Sat Jan 18 06:32:42 CET 2003

A friend with a satellite dish here in Atlanta got a clean tape of the whole 185 minute BBCWS 75th Anniversary  multi-country multi-artist music event from December that JP and Emma B hosted. I've taken the tapes and sequenced them, and made a 3-CD set for myself. Before clear the hard drive does anyone out there need/want their own copy?

It was a unique show, Peel did a fine job of holding the unwieldily event together with his good humor... There's Youssou N'Dour from London and Baba Mal from Senegal plus other real-time live music from India, Mexico, Afghanistan. Transmission is AM mono, no interference, in need of a little bass boost, and the feed drops out for a half second a few times in the last hour, but otherwise a solid interesting show.

I don't know what to charge... there's air mail expenses... would a 5 pound note be too much for a homemade 3-CD set? If you thinks that's OK, and want one, write me off-list and send me your mailing address and I'll make a set for you.

Or, instead of £5 I will take any old HMHB CD in trade (other than "Editors Recommendation") that you have grown tired of and wish to get to a good home as they have no US label and I've almost nothing by them.

tom in atlanta

by the way - is Peel to do the Top 20 this weekend on R1?