[peel] Melt-Banana

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Tue Nov 26 00:04:19 CET 2002

Hear it by typing or pasting this address into RealPlayer:
rtsp://rmv7.bbc.net.uk/radio1/g2/djs/peel/melt_banana_mv_oct2001.rm

Hi Tom
How on earth did you manage to get the above address?
I know when they first started webcasting you could look at source code for
page and look for
the .rm file in source code and paste this into realplayer, it worked but
after a few days they changed the format and by a lot of skulduggery etc.
I discovered that the following link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rpms/peel_tue.rpm

became
rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1/peel_tue.ra

and if you change tue to wed or thu you get subsequent shows.

Very useful to bypass BBC's REALPLAYER clone where you can only advance
prog. in 15 min chunks.
So how do you find correct links for individual and old sessions.

I managed to find URL for a couple of sessions by complete fluke.
Is there a formula for searching for old sessions not currently listed on
page?
I'd be eternally grateful for an answer.

regards
Phil Edwards

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.