[peel] Digest Number 477

Ed Blackmore me@...
Fri Mar 8 15:43:44 CET 2002

> I have to be honest and admit I had not heard ballboy before!  but I
> downloaded this and enjoyed it immensely.  I will be off to buy the album
> asap, and the new EP when it is available.  Ed - is it me/my equipment, or
> is there a whirring type sound in the background of this session?
>
> John Gray

If you're turning the music up loud and listening carefully, yeah,
probably. I don't have a very good rig up to record, hifi phono lead
to the line-in on my sound card. I've a fast computer but still
sometimes annoyingly 'clicks' (HDD I/O overloads?). Also I
compress the files to 112Kb/s mp3, to keep the file size
reasonable. I listen to the music on my laptop or desktop speaker,
and don't hear anything wrong.

If you're getting a sound worse then LW radio, there's something
wrong with your setup. Can you try playing on other systems?
Anyone else having problems? quality comments?

I've been listening to this session a lot lately, every now and again a
Maida Vale set really seems to hit the spot. Witty, good music
played superbly, reminds me of the Hefner set Aug00 and the Neko
Case one. I'm looking forward to the new Ballboy stuff now, the up
tempo tracks were great!

Ed