[peel] "John Peel's Archive Things"

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Sun Jun 30 04:42:11 CEST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Roche [mailto:troche@...]
Sent: 30 June 2002 03:27
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] "John Peel's Archive Things"

very strange Peel-related item on E-bay this week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=889353817

What are we to make of it? Is it one of a series?

Peely made reference to this recording in the the last couple of months and
he played one of the tracks from it (Zulu miners literally stomping about in
wellington boots - this is what the Captain Beefheart track "Floppy Boot
Stomp" is derived from. He actually played the 2 tracks back to back. I've
actually got this show on tape. If youre interested, I'll dig it out and see
what he says about it.
Phil E.

---